Monday, January 25, 2010

And the action begins....


As I hung around over the holiday break this year, I decided for a New Year's goal to record every book I read this year. I figured it would be a good way to keep track of them all. Especially after I ended up re-reading two books all the way to the last few pages before I realized I had read them before. Hopefully, I can keep up with it and manage to post frequently.


Anyway, let's get this party started:

I had started the Bloody Jack series by L. A. Meyer earlier in the year, and the fourth installment was no disappointment. I adore the Jack series, especially the audio book version done by the amazing Katherine Kellgren. If you haven't read them - listen to the audio books first. In the Belly of the Bloodhound was another great read. Fast paced, exciting, and you can't help but commiserate with Jacky.
In this book, Jacky returns to Boston and her life at the Lawson Peabody school for Young Girls, and just as she is settling in the girls manage to get caputured by slavers. And we all know Jacky's opinion of those fine gentlemen. This voyage is made particuarly enjoyable for Jacky as Clarissa Howe (of the Virginia Howe's) is along for the ride. The back and forth between the two girls is great, as well as seeing how all the other students react to being in a slave ship.
All in all, it was a great read, and I can't wait to begin Mississippi Jack.

No comments: